Tuesday, September 10, 2013

PRAYER; 'LORD, TAKE OVER'

 
LORD, TAKE OVER
 
One of my favorite prayers is only three words long,  and I feel the need to say it often;  "Lord, take over."   I need God's guidance and inspiration to help me make good decisions.  I need him to take over so I can give to others what they need from me.   My experience has taught me that I cannot do this by myself.   The insights must come from God.
 
The good news is that God's guiding wisdom is within all of us.  The bad news is that we're often unaware of its presence in our minds and hearts.  It seems that we can only discover this if we're willing to spend time silently with God.   In silent attentive prayer, we learn how to recognize and accept the guidance that God wants to give.
 
(This reflection appeared in the LIVING FAITH daily devotional;  it is written by Fr. Kenneth E. Grabner, C.S.C.)

No comments:

Post a Comment