Friday, April 24, 2015

TAKING TIME FOR PRAYER

HAPPY EASTER (view of altar in chapel)
 
THE  DIFFERENCE   ( a poem by Grace L. Naessens)
 
I got up early one morning and rushed right into the day;
I had so much to accomplish,  I didn't have time to pray.
 
Problems just tumbled about me and grew heavier with each task;
Why doesn't God help me, I wondered; He answered:  "You didn't ask."
 
I wanted to see joy and beauty, but the day toiled on, gray and bleak;
I wondered why God didn't show me -- He said,  "But you didn't seek."
 
I tried to come into God's presence;  I used all my keys at the lock;
God gently and lovingly chided,  "My child,  you didn't knock."
 
I woke up early this morning and paused before entering the day;
I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment