Thursday, March 20, 2014

POPE FRANCIS ON 'PRAYER'

 
TALK, TALK, TALK ..... NO!
 
My experience is what I feel in front of the tabernacle, when I go in the evening to pray before the Lord.   Sometimes I nod off for a while;  this is true, for the strain of the day more or less makes you fall asleep, but he understands.   I feel great comfort when I think of the Lord looking at me.   We think we have to pray and talk, talk, talk.....No!   Let the Lord look at you.   When he looks at us,  he gives us strength and helps us to bear witness to him.
 
Reflection:   Take at least five minutes right now to be silent before God.
 
(This quote of Pope Francis came from a May 18, 2013 address of his.   It appears in a book entitled:  THROUGH THE YEAR WITH POPE FRANCIS:  daily reflections.  It is published by Our Sunday Visitor.)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment