Monday, November 19, 2012

SIMPLE PRAYER OF THE BLIND MAN

 
Scripture text:  read  Luke 18: 35 - 43

This reflection on today's gospel of the blind beggar at the side of the road was written by Portia Clark in DAILY BREAD for Nov. 19, 2012, from www.celebrationpublications.org

 
"LORD, PLEASE LET ME SEE!"
 
This simple prayer of the blind beggar should be in our hearts and on our lips continually.

Lord, please let me see the beauty of your creation:
    the colors of the flowers in summer,
   the shapes of the snowflakes in winter,
    the glow of the stars in the night,
   even the blur made by summer heat coming off the pavement.

Let me see the suffering of others,
    and not ignore their pain or remain in ignorance.

Let me see the needs of the world,
    and the solutions to problems in my own life.

Let me see the innate dignity of each person
    who is made in God's image.

Most of all, let me see your will in my daily decisions!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment