Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October Reflection on Peace Prayer

(statue of St. Francis in common area)
 
Before we leave this month of October and the Feast Day of St. Francis which was on October 4th, we share with you this Reflection on the Peace Prayer of St. Francis:
 
LORD, MAKE ME AN INSTRUMENT OF YOUR PEACE
 
Let my song be joyful, let it sing of your incarnation in all of creation;
let me see all as holy, let me be a source of peace to others.
 
WHERE THERE IS HATRED, LET ME SOW LOVE
 
Let me love those who hurt me, those who dominate others,
whether through systems they build or as individuals.
 
WHERE THERE IS INJURY, PARDON
 
Let me show forgiveness to others.  Let my heart and mind be free,
to let go of hurts or perceived hurts.
 
WHERE THERE IS DOUBT, FAITH
 
Help me in my faith, may I learn to rely fully on you, my God.
Let me share my faith with others and be a witness of faithfulness to God.
 
WHERE THERE IS DESPAIR, HOPE
 
Help me bring justice and hope to those in need or despair.
Let me be hope for others when they are in crisis and all seems lost.
 
WHERE THERE IS DARKNESS, LIGHT
 
For those sick in mind, spirit, or body, help me bring God's light.
Let me be light for those who walk in darkness.
 
WHERE THERE IS SADNESS, JOY
 
There is great sadness in the world today, help me to bring joy to others.
Let me bring God's joy to others by the way I choose to live my life.
 
DIVINE MASTER, GRANT THAT I MAY NOT SO MUCH SEEK TO BE CONSOLED AS TO CONSOLE
 
Teach me to help others in need, to see the pain that others carry.
 
TO BE UNDERSTOOD AS TO UNDERSTAND
 
Teach me to hear another person's story, to listen with "God's heart."
 
TO BE LOVED AS TO LOVE
 
Teach me to love and respect all of Creation, especially my sisters and brothers.
 
FOR IT IS IN GIVING THAT WE RECEIVE.  IT IS IN PARDONING THAT WE ARE PARDONED.  IT IS IN DYING THAT WE ARE BORN TO ETERNAL LIFE.
 
- AUTHOR UNKNOWN -
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment