Monday, February 28, 2011

POWER OF PRAYER


A true story about the power of prayer!
 
Recently, the Gospel at our daily Eucharist here at the Prayer Fraternity was about Jesus blessing little children and saying that to enter the Kingdom of God, one must become like little children.
 
A retreatant here shared the following story from her ministry experience as a chaplain in a hospital where she worked with pre-mature babies:
 
"I walked into a hospital room to visit a mother.     Sitting on a loveseat in the room was a 4 year old girl.   The little girl took one look at me, and exclaimed:  'I know you!   I know you!'   
 
I was about to say:  'No honey, you can't possibly know me!'  when the mother spoke up and said to her little daughter:  'Sweetheart, Sister came into our room and prayed for you every day when you were a sick little (premature) baby here!' "
 
 
This story begs us to reflect upon how God works through us in prayer often when we are unaware.  It begs us to trust in the power of our prayer for people that we encounter in life.    What does the story say to you about the power of prayer?
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment